Thursday, September 24, 2009

Thursday

Money is becoming a bit of a worry at the moment - we have $50 in our account, and although both our student loans have come through in England, Lloyds has blocked Tom's account and doesn't allow international payments to be made online. A friend of mine gave me the phone she used when she first got to Hawai'i four years ago, but for some reason it's refusing to work, so I've asked Tom to go to a mobile phone place at the university and get a sim card later on. Hopefully he'll remember.

Thursdays are never nice, which I've probably said before. Tom leaves for class at 10, I leave for class at 11.45, he gets back at 12.30 and I get back at 4.15, and then he leaves for an evening class at 4.30 and is not back till 9ish. It's his second film class: they're starting with films on the Holocaust, which I suppose should be interesting, although he says that his class is mostly German!

So next Friday we will have been together for 2 years, which is a long time (!), but he has another evening class! Grrrrr.

Yesterday we wandered round Chinatown - it was quite disappointing, really. We also went to a botanical garden but Tom had accidentally found directions to the only one that charges ($5 for entry) instead of to any of the four or so that are free, so I have a picture of the outside of that!

I'm heading off to class soon - my history courses are getting extremely boring. The teachers are kind of rushing through a lot of background on the course, so it's 3 hours of dull lectures twice a week. In my English courses there's a lot of discussion and independent thought going on, which is far more interesting. One of my history teachers has gotten really confused and set us the assignments for last week again instead of for this week, and I don't know what's going on - I also don't want to be the person who asks, because then the whole class will have to do a ton of work! Oh well, it'll get sorted out, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment