Thursday, October 1, 2009

More photos

Hello everyone - here are some photos of the Aloha Festival Parade last week. I have heard that people want more photos, but I'm stuck. Please comment to let me know what you want pictures of! And remember that every time I take out my camera, Tom bullies me until I put it away and 'stop embarrassing him' =)

Things should hopefully be sorted out with Lloyds quite soon - at least all our rent has been paid. We made enchiladas last night, from a recipe Tom got from a study abroad student who lived with us in our first year, and it was delicious. I made salsa from scratch to pour over it! Was very impressed with myself. We shall be having dinner out on Saturday, which is exciting - Tom still hasn't decided on a place, but I am having cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory no matter what, so I don't mind. Not tomorrow, our actual anniversary, as Tom has an evening class. I'm getting a free flu shot tomorrow, too. We're thinking of spending Saturday at a beach somewhere on the leeward side of the island, which will be lovely.

Right, pictures!




Conch shell blower.
People waiting.
Unbelievably, it was raining - despite the intense heat, and lack of clouds.
Lots of horses.
Guys walking along behind the horses, who had to clear up the poo.
The Mayor!!

Float.

I think that's pretty much all the vaguely interesting pictures - imagine about a hundred more on a similar theme (marching bands, horses, beauty queens waving from open-top cars, etc etc etc). Again, I shall operate a request-system for photos from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Francesca, if you really want to embarrass Tom you need a big tourist map & open it often. Sorry Tom. John/Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND you should occasionally spread it on the floor and try to jump into it. -Ro

    ReplyDelete