Thursday, October 8, 2009

First off, an apology

From Tom - he was tired when writing the last post and didn't check his own spelling =)

This has, so far, been a pretty stressful week. For me, that is. Tom is having fun sitting around, reading, playing on his iPod, watching CSI... I am increasingly overwhelmed by work, especially with my laptop charger finally dying on me on Sunday morning. My reaction, sadly, was to panic and buy a cheap netbook, which arrived today and is disappointing, to say the least. I'm planning on sending it back tomorrow and phoning Toshiba for help with fixing my old laptop. I can't believe my luck with charging laptops, in July my newer one suddenly refused to charge, and now this one! Argh!

My first essay is due in tomorrow, and I have spent quite a few hours over the past couple of days sitting in the computer lab at university trying to get it done. I also have two articles due in for the Kalamalama on Saturday, an essay for Monday, and a 15-page-minimum due in 10 days. Impressively, I have woken up significantly late for class twice this week (at 8.30 and 8.40, when I need to leave at 8.40!) and still managed to get into university on time. We were only watching Beauty and the Beast anyway - my mad teacher was humming along to all the songs. There's a bit at the end of the film when the spell is lifted and the huge gothic castle turns white, and all the gargoyles turn into cupids, etc, and apparently that reminds her of when her ex-husband moved out! I do really enjoy these classes.

I've been looking at the syllabus for one of my classes back at Essex next year - called 'Shakespeare and the History Play' - and it turns out that all the Shakespeare plays are done in the first term, so I wouldn't be doing any! I'm trying to switch now to another course, on fairy tale, which is what we're doing in class at the moment (which is why we watched Beauty and the Beast), and which I find extremely interesting.

I will upload some anniversary pictures soon but I'm not quite sure how to work Tom's laptop properly yet (which I am borrowing - thank you Tom!). Hopefully I won't have to figure out how to work it because my computer will be fixed soon! So as not to disappoint, I just saw this on the news, and it is very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment